Friday, October 31, 2014

Mom - Flying Unicorn November Kit of the Month

Happy Halloween! Are you going out tonight to celebrate? We have three little Skylanders here who can't wait for tonight. Mom and Dad? We're looking forward to the clocks turning back this weekend and the extra hour of sleep it (hopefully) brings.

The Flying Unicorn November Your Passion, Your Art kit contains the beautiful Madeleine collection from Bo Bunny. As soon as I saw this piece of background paper, I knew I needed to use it, and I had been saving this picture of my mom for just the right paper. 


I love the touches of orange in the paper, and built on those by adding some stencilling with Distress Ink.


The kit contains a package of gorgeous white blooms from Prima that are perfect for layering - I used them to make my orange and yellow flowers in the flower cluster (the white vine in the cluster comes from the same package), coloured with the Lindy's mists from the kit. I added a little extra oomph to the chipboard sticker flourishes with Distress Glitter.


These gorgeous little banner pieces and the polaroid frame are both chipboard stickers from Bo Bunny and made quick little embellishments.


I tucked a couple Flying Unicorn Adornment birdcages into the cluster to finish it off.

This kit was a big seller during pre-orders. If you didn't get yours then, be sure to pick one up right away - they will disappear quickly!

Supplies Used:


- Bo Bunny Madeleine papers: Tiles, Madeleine, Symmetry, Stripe
- Bo Bunny Madeleine Chipboard Stickers
- Prima Shabby Chic Treasures: Door Locks
- Prima Flowers: 577483, 577667, 577759
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: Bit O' Bubbly, California Poppy Gold
- Flying Unicorn Adornments

From My Stash:

- Hero Arts Stencil: Leaf & Flourish
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Rusty Hinge
- Prima Stamp: Checker
- Prima Chalk Edger: Old Road
- Tim Holtz Distress Glitter: Shabby Shutters
- Jute Twine

No comments: