I wanted the dragon to wrap around the canvas, so I started with an armature of aluminum foil (a scaffold to build his head/torso and tail/leg around) and built the dragon around that so that he would keep his shape. I moulded him around the shape of the canvas and the heart clasped in his hands, and baked the canvas and resin heart with the clay so that the sculpture would maintain its shape).
I brushed antique gold PearlEx powder on the clay before baking, then added the colouring to the scales and wings using Art Alchemy paints once it had cooled.
A couple closeups:
To create a deeper red for the heart, I mixed Artisan Powder into the Royal Red paint.
Thanks for stopping by today!
- Sculpey clay
- Prima Artisan Powder: Parthenay, Vausseroux
- PearlEx: Antique Gold
- Prima Art Ingredients Mica Powder: Tangerine, Summer Sky
- Prima Art Alchemy Opal Magic: Violet-Green, Yellow-Blue
- Prima Art Alchemy Métallique: Royal Red, Silver Spoon, Light Patina
- Prima Relics and Artifacts: Chivalry
- Prima Vintage Vanity A4 Paper Pack
- Liquitex Ceramic Stucco, White Gesso
- Prima Stencils: Rock Wall, Roses
- Prima Louviere Chains
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: I'm Late I'm Late Slate, Gregarious Grey,
Autumn Maple Crimson
- Prima Color Bloom Sprays: Berry Wine, Boysenberry, Tea Stain, Cobalt
Inka Gold: Graphite, Gold
- Blue Fern Studios: Mini Rings Panel, Jeweled Page Baubles
- Prima Flowers: Le Mia - White, Lifetime - Green
- Lindy's Stamp Gang: Midnight Copper
- Viva Pearl Pen - Copper