Monday, November 24, 2014

Happiness Is This - Prima November BAP

I found myself with a little extra scrappy fun time at the beginning of this month, so I made some time to play along with one of my favourite challenges - the Prima BAP.


I did a lot of work on the background of this one, starting with laying down a layer of clear gesso, then adding layers of paper strips and fussy cut images, which I blended in using white gesso. I then added stamping with Prima Stitches stamps, and heat embossed the lines in a bright red to contrast with the layers of blue Color Bloom sprays I added to the background.

Here is the sketch, by the talented Keren Tamir.



A couple closeups:

To get the depth as well as shimmer on the Wood Icon bugs, I gave them a rough coat of Super Heavy Gesso in Black before adding Color Bloom sprays.


A layout just isn't complete without some chipboard - I added a little Blue Fern Studios chipboard covered in copper embossing powder behind my photo.



Adding a pop of a contrasting colour is a great way to add visual interest, as you can see by the bright red stitching.


A little black outline to the canvas alphas just makes them pop.



Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Prima Supplies Used:

- Prima Cigar Box Secrets: Perfecto, Panatela, Figurados, Corona
- Prima Canvas Alphas
- Prima Craftsman: Bosque Vines
- Prima Washi
- Prima Stitches Stamps: Lines, Circles
- Prima Color Bloom: Soft Teal, Summer Sky, Cobalt
- Prima Mask: Poppies and Peonies 6x6
- Prima Heavy Gesso: White
- Prima Chalk Edger: Black Coal
- Prima Stationer's Desk: Wooden Icons
- Prima 3D Gloss Gel
- Prima Cigar Box Secrets: Say It In Crystals


 - Blue Fern Studios Chipboard: Turkish Bits

No comments: