I painted the white frame with some Shimmerz in Pink to coordinate with my birdie canvases, then set to work on the rest of the project.
I did an image transfer from the papers to the canvases using Gel Medium, ensuring that the paper wrapped around to cover all the sides of the canvas for a more finished look. I also added a little stamping with a music note stamp.
The image transfer doesn't have to be perfect to be pretty. A couple little imperfections (such as in the canvas below, where I rubbed a little too hard in a couple of places) simply give the canvas a little more of an edge-worn appearance, which adds to the shabby charm.
The resin birds were perfect layered on to of blooms and buttons from the kit and add-ons. I coloured the big vellum flowers with Autumn Maple Crimson Lindy's spray from the kit, and cut vines from some of the Bo Bunny paper, which I finished off with the gold pearl pen included in the kit.
I love the sparkle on the white Prima flowers!
From the Kit and Add-Ons:
- Darice Poultry Wire Heart
- Bo Bunny Madeleine papers: Allure, Madeleine
- Prima Vellum Flowers: 577858
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray: Autumn Maple Crimson, A Bit O' Bubbly
- Prima Flowers: 577677, 577643, 577483
- Prima Shabby Chic Treasures: Resin Birds
- Petaloo Flowering Vine Spray: Red
- Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments
- Viva Pearl Pen: Gold
- Bo Bunny Madeleine Buttons
From my Stash:
- 13 Arts Gel Medium
- Kaisercraft Stamp: Sheet Music
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- La-La Land Craft Dies: Large Flourish, Creepy Vines
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Jump Rings