I am up third for Team #1, following layouts by Marilia Lopes and Sarah Lynch, which can be seen here. I rotated their layouts to put my focal point on the right side of the page so that I could keep the whimsical hot air balloon image on the Nirvana paper visible.
I kept Marilia's circle chippy element, but shifted it off to the side to make use of this large clock face chippy I have had in my stash for ages.
Even when starting with a heavily patterned background paper, you can still customize it to make it your own, and to bring out those colors in the background you'd like to highlight. I started by blending Gelatos in Metallic Mint and Butterscotch around the edges of the paper to deepen the colour, then added some molding paste butterflies which I tinted with coffee and outlined with a watercolor pencil for dimension. I stamped randomly with a number stamp and some dark ink to create depth, and stencilling with gesso to add a nice pop of white. To finish it off I scribbled randomly with a gold leafing pen around the border of the page.
The chipboard clock was painted with gesso, stamped with a script stamp and brown ink, scribbled on with gesso and then randomly heat embossed with gold embossing powder for a rustic feel.
I loved Marilia and Sarah's flower clusters, and piled mine full of Prima and Petaloo flowers and some hand cut cardboard hearts I dressed up with Gelatos and the gold leafing pen.
I kept Sarah's idea of a journaling tag, but hid mine amongst my paper layers.
Thank you Marilia and Sarah for the gorgeous inspiration, and I can't wait to see what Leila, who's up next, comes up with!
I hope you all had a great weekend, and I really appreciate you stopping by!
- Marion Smith Designs Nirvana papers: Cloud 9, Documented and Family Record
- Distress Ink: Walnut Stain & Vintage Photo
- Dusty Attic: Skeleton Clock Face
- Vintage White acrylic paint
- Prima Script stamp
- Prima Lifetime Fabric flowers
- Gelatos: Gold, Metallic Mint, Butterscotch
- Prima Butterflies 12x12 mask
- Light Molding Paste
- Shimmerz Shimmeringz: Goldie Lox
- Crafter's Workshop Mini Art Is mask
- Kaisercraft Number stamp
- Krylon Gold Leafing pen
- Studio Calico Circle mask
- Petaloo Darjeeling: Wild Mini Blossoms Teastained Cream
- Prima Divine & Delight Roses
- Prima Encore Turquoise
- Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel: Gold