Saturday, November 9, 2013

Let's Ride

Yay, it's the weekend! And a long weekend in my neck of the woods, to boot. We're making our first trip up to the mountain this weekend to do and inventory of all the kids' ski stuff and see who needs new what. Once ski season starts this is a weekly trek for us up to my in-laws' cabin for the kids to take skiing lessons; I'm excited because this will be the first year I ski for more than a day in the season since I started having kids. I've committed to skiing at least 5 times this year, wish me luck!

Tonight I'm stopping in with a colorfall layout from the early days of the fall of Colby and Brennan on their bikes.


I used the Blue Fern Studios sketch for inspiration. They always have such gorgeous sketches; I play along there whenever I can.


I went back to the October Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month, Farmer's Market and Hayrides, for this one. I built a lot of layers on this background: a thin coat of gesso, masking through 2 different masks, spraying with several colors of Shimmerz Spritz, stamping and dribbling with some Shimmerz Shimmerz paints - love the chunky sparkle in these! I also adhered the little paper punch-out circles from the Fancy Pants paper stencils I tore up to mat my project.


I used the Blue Fern Studios Widgetworks chippies as part of the cluster around my photo, but instead of making them look industrial, I wanted them to be bright to match the page. I piled on gesso, then Shimmerz paints, then dabbed on a little more gesso using a sea sponge, sprayed with some Shimmerz and finally heat embossed them with different colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders for that fantastic glazed look.


On the arrow below you can see a hint of the amazing shimmer on the chipboard pieces.


I gave all the flowers a spritz with the Shimmerz mists to help them coordinate.


Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you have an amazing weekend!

Products Used

Blue Fern Studios Widgetworks

From the Flying Unicorn October KOM:
- Crate Paper DIY Shoppe: Crafty & Artistry
- Prima Soubrette: Orange & Yellow
- Studio Calico Circles stencil
- Crate Paper DIY Shoppe: Stickers

- Gesso
- Shimmerz Spritz: Tuscan Sun, Caribbean Sunset & Seafoam
- Shimmerz Shimmerz: Pumpkin, Jilted Jade, Sky Blue & Tickle Me Turquoise
- Tim Holtz Layering Stencils: Stars
- Faber-Castell Pitt Pen - Black XS
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders: Cosmic Pink Blue, Scotch Broom Yellow, Hyancinth Blue Green & Angels Wings Peacock
- Smash Tape
- Fancy Pants artist stencils
- Prima Sherwood Roses - Truffle
- Prima Velvet Pastel flowers




2 comments:

Scraps of Elegance said...

Oh wow, love all this creativity. I'm a new follower.

Patter Cross said...

Love all of the drips and stars. Such a great layout! Thanks for playing along with the Blue Fern Studios November sketch challenge. Blessings,