Thursday, November 21, 2013

Prima November BAP

Just stopping in for a quick share tonight. I had a chance to play along with the Prima BAP this month just for fun, and wanted to try my hand at some techniques I'd seen recently in one of Georgia Heald's videos, with my own spin on them. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'd never thought of using it on my layouts, but I love the way it turned out (though I'm not so keen on the way my scraproom smelled).


I've had these baby pictures of Brennan waiting to be scrapped forever, and the neutral of his sweater played so nicely against the deep, rich tones of the Sunrise Sunset papers.


I did a lot of background work - stencilling with gel medium through the Prima Orbs stencil and then adding in partial outlines with a Sharpie Poster Pen, whitewashing the background with gesso, stamping circles with Ginger Peach Silks and Bricks with black ink and some Shimmerz Dazzlerz as a finishing touch.


I fussy cut bits from both the Craftsman and Lifetime lines to use as embellishments, and stained both the papers and flowers with coffee to age them.


I love Prima's bark butterflies - this time I used the back side and stained it with Silks and some splatters from the poster pen before dressing it up with a couple of the Tiny Junk Yard Findings.

And here's the gorgeous sketch:



Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate you taking the time to visit.


Supplies:

- Prima Sunrise, Sunset papers: Celsius & White Hot
- Prima Craftsman: Gear Up
- Prima Brick stamp
- Prima Bark Butterflies
- Prima Orbs Stencil (12x12)
- Prima Stitches Stamp: lines
- Prima Static Stencil (12x12)
- Prima Chalk Ink: Brick Wall, Rose Bud, Coltsfoot Stemens
- Prima Script stamp
- Prima Resist Canvas Borders
- Prima Ingvild Bolme Tiny Junk Yard Findings
- Prima Chantelle Medallion flowers: white
- Prima Engraver Wood Buttons
- Prima Encore: Ivory

- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Gesso
- Coffee
- Shimmerz Sprays: Tuscan Sun, Treasured Hymn, Caribbean Sunset
- Shimmerz Dimensionz: Blue Lagoon
- 13 Arts Pearl Mist: Orange
- Silks: Ginger Peach
- Claudine Hellmuth stamp
- Sharpie Paint Pen: white
- Dylusions: White Linen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Jackie! I love the amount of detail you worked into the background - it's gorgeous! And all the best for the BAP!

Unknown said...

Jackie, I am so in love with this, you don't even know!! Amazing job, girl!! :)

xErin

Paper Attic said...

Jackie this is just stunning! One of the best backgrounds ever! Really amazing work, love it!