I am running a ONE DAY Art Journal challenge that closes tonight (May 4th) at 11:59pm EST; be sure to post your stunning creation in the forum before then for your chance to win!
My challenge to you is to create an Art Journal page (or 2 page spread - your choice) using "Spring" as your inspiration and featuring all of the following elements:
- Paint and/or Gesso
- Masking with color (mist, ink, paint, etc)
- Masking with media (gesso, molding paste, glass beads gel, etc)
- At least one layer of paper other than your background
- At least 2 plants
Here is my inspiration for the challenge:
I started by priming the background with gesso. While it was still wet, I lay the diecuts from the April Kit of the Month into the gesso and misted it with various colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang mists. I wanted to mist while the gesso was still wet so the colors would be bonded to the gesso; if I had allowed it to dry first it could have rubbed off when I applied my other wet mediums and would have colored my molding paste.
The tree is made with the 12X12 Prima Woodgrain stencil; by turning it this way and that I added branches. I misted the wet molding paste with Lindy's Clam Bake Beige, and topped it off with a Prima Chalk Edger in Branch Bark when it was dry.
The nature images from the Prima Divine paper were too bright for the page, so I coated them with Gel Medium and once dry painted on some Picket Fence Distress Stain. The areas I wanted to show up a little more I dabbed with a wet wipe to remove some of the stain.
The leaves are Lindy's Magical Mica in Sea Mint Green mixed with Acrylic Glaze.
Want to see what you're playing for? (Have I just outted myself as a Survivor fan?)
There will be 2 lucky winners, one for each of these wonderful RAKs.
Worth playing for? (hehe, couldn't resist)
And now for "the rules":
- Up to 2 entries per person
- Art Journal pages only (no digital)
- Projects must be new as of May 4th
- Project can only be entered in one Flying Unicorn challenge
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays: Azure Sea Asters, Yellow Rose of Texas (from the Prairie Wildflowers set), California Poppy Gold and Clam Bake Beige and Salt Water Taffy (from the Nantucket Pearls set)
- Webster's Storytellers - Park Drive
- Prima Divine "Chanson" paper
- Prima 12 X 12 Woodgrain stencil (out of stock)
- Prima Chalk Edger - Branch Bark
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Micas - Sea Mint Green
And don't forget, all weekend long, enjoy 33% off in the Flying Unicorn Store, coupon code NSD.