Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Manly Scraps Card

Just popping in today to share a quick card I made using some scraps from the October 2012 Flying Unicorn "A Journey In Time" kit.  I am loathe to throw away any little scrap, and hate to cut into full sheets of paper to make a card, so keeping my scraps works out perfectly for times such as these.  This is also a great time to use up your scraps as someone suggested on the Forum yesterday that the Use Your Stash Challenge may make a repeat appearance next month - with a twist!

With Mother's Day behind us, many of our thoughts are (or should be!) turning to Father's Day and more masculine cards.

I made this card for my husband's birthday.  The scraps of Prima Craftsman paper are ideal for a man-themed card.  


You don't need to go to a lot of effort to make the background of your card interesting - I ran the Core-dinations Cardstock from the October Cardstock Add On through a Tim Holtz Texture Fade and then sanded it to reveal the lighter color at the core, and then brushed some Inka-Gold over the raised portions for some added interest.


The roses are made from Kraft Glassine and edged with a gold Krylon Leafing Pen.


There are still a couple of days left to play along with this iteration of the Use Your Stash Challenge, with a new one promised soon.  I hope you'll play along, and can't wait to see the cards you make to honor the important men in your life. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this card.The background is lovely and love the flowers and the idea of using glassine.