Friday, May 3, 2013

Happily Ever After *** CSI Guest Detective ***

I'm happy to be back this month as a Guest Detective at CSI: Color Stories Inspiration.  When I saw this week's color palette I couldn't wait to play along, and pulled out the Kaisercraft Lake House papers I've been hoarding, waiting for that special project to come along.

I took my inspiration from the "Testimony" section of the Case File; the Kaisercraft "Country" paper had a great saying I could cut into journaling strips to read "Live Happily Ever After" and the rest evolved from there.


This is a picture of DH and I at our wedding 10 years ago this June (we've been together 18 years, since we were 16 years old); the journaling is hidden on the strip of paper in the tear and reads "I can't believe it's been 10 years since we said 'I Do'.  I still do.  Always."

I was so glad to see the punch of black alongside the soft pinks and green in the palette, it just adds a little more drama.  I went to town with my black Gelato around the page and on the flowers, as well as outlining some of the Turkish Grunge stencilled gesso.


These lovely butterflies are one of many digital files Lisa Gregory generously makes available on her blog - aren't they sweet?  I covered mine in Cotton Candy Stickles to add a little sparkle.


I stacked these butterflies off to the side of my desk when I was getting ready to apply gesso to the layout, and I liked the way they looked so much I kept them that way!


The vine is a Dusty Attic piece I cut into sections and sprayed with several Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in green, then embossed with Lindy's Embossing Powder.


The metal embellishment is a Flying Unicorn Adornment - isn't it sweet - and it serves as testimony, along with the woven gauze, flowers and distressing.

Here is this week's Case File.



Flying Unicorn is the main sponsor at CSI this month, and our sold out May KOM is up for grabs to one lucky participant.  I hope you'll play along!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning!

Erica said...

Just gorgeous Jax!! You rocked this color combination!