Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flying Unicorn May Off The Page Project

I am really late with this share, but had a nasty flu bug hit the beginning of the month that had me home sick and on my back for 10 days and I am still playing catch up, in real life and online.

The Off-The-Page project included in this month's Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month was the Tim Holtz Configurations Book.  I wanted to make mine functional as well as crafty, and here is what I came up with: a home for all my metal embellishments.


I embossed foil tape with a Tim Holtz Texture Fade and then adhered it to the Configurations book before going over the foil with various colors of Alcohol Ink and embellishing with Ingvild Bolme Tiny Junkyard Findings and salvaged watch parts.


I wanted the look of weathered wood for the interior of the box, and used the Tattered Angels Weathered Birch Paint System to achieve the effect.

Some closeups:





Thank you for stopping by!


3 comments:

Wilma Voermans said...

Both beautiful projects you did here!!

Linda Pekrul said...

Oooo that weathered birch effect is WONDERFUL! Love how you made the closing for the box also. Too COOL!!

Shona said...

this is just too too cool