You are free to enter whatever kind of Mixed Media project you like, but to get your creative juices flowing every month we prepare a project and tutorial to inspire you. This month I've prepared a canvas using the August kit of the month.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how I created the canvas:
3) Using Gloss Gel, apply scrunched up tissue paper to part of your canvas (I covered roughly half of the total area).
4) Use a coat of Gloss Gel on top of the tissue paper to help adhesion and seal it.
5) Pounce on white Gesso. I covered the tissue paper part completely and used it to tone down the lilac shade on the other side of the canvas.
6) Select the Flying Unicorn Adornments you will use on your canvas and give them a coat of gesso; set aside to dry.
7) Use Gloss Gel to adhere Venice Lace and trim from the kit. Apply a coat of gel on top of the trim to hold it in place.
8) Form your composition of primed metal pieces, adding in wooden accents from the kit.
9) Coat the metal and wooden pieces with a heavy gesso (I used 13 Arts Gesso).
10) Add Prima Color Bloom in Soft Teal (not in the kit), and once it is dry Summer Skies (not in the kit) to your cluster, allowing overspray onto the stencilled part of your canvas.
11) Rub Pearl Ex in Grey Lavender onto the metal and wooden pieces.
1) All Flying Unicorn Standard Challenge Rules apply.
2) Art journal, canvas, off-the-page and altered art mixed media projects welcome. Sorry, no layouts or cards.
3) Challenge closes at 5pm on September 14th and winner will be selected by random.org.
Here's the gorgeous RAK up for grabs - I see lots of what's in my stash tucked in there - Prima resist canvas shapes, Shimmerz Vibez mist and Dimensionz paint, 13 Arts mist, tags, a sponge - for one lucky winner!
From the August Kit of the Month and Add Ons:
- Squangles Canvas - 12x12x12
- Hero Arts "Leaf & Flourish" stencil
- Lace and Trims: Venice Lace & Trims from the KOM
- Flying Unicorn Adornments
- Pearl Ex Grey Lavender
- Santoro wooden accents
- Santoro wooden buttons
- Studio Calico wooden accents
From my stash:
- Gloss Gel
- Prima Color Bloom Sprays: Iris, Soft Teal, Summer Sky
- Tissue paper
- Liquitex Gesso
- Pink Paislee Wooden Alphas
- Silks - Stargazer, Iris Petal