I used the Blue Fern Blooming Flourish and a couple of pieces from the Widgetworks for my layout, altering them to fit my earthy layout.
I started by water distressing just the leaves and blooms of the flourish, then peeling them apart into many layers. A couple layers ended up peeling away from the flourish; I simply adhered these to other places on the flourish for some added dimension. I layered on media to give the leaves and blooms texture, and painted the stem with a mixture of Gelatos, Shimmerz and ink.
I altered the arrow and gears (tucked amongst the clusters) from the Widgetworks using Embossing Enamel, a script stamp and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.
To tone down the brightness of the Shimmerz Dazzlerz I scattered over some Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder and heat set it.
I love these mesh flowers from Petaloo!
And here is the inspiration sketch from Blue Fern Studios:
- Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Blooming Flourish & Widgetworks
- Gelatos: Chocolate, Butterscotch, Lime, Mango
- Shimmerz Texturez: Artie-Choked
- Shimmerz Dazzlerz: Sour Apple & Lemon Drop
- Shimmerz Coffee
- Marion Smith Nirvana Collection: Cloud 9 & Documented
- Marion Smith Mad Tea Party Collection: Tea Party
- Kaisercraft Stamps: True Romance, Crackle
- Prima Chalk Edger: Dark Rust
- Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder
- Mix'd Media Inx: White Jasmine
- Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel: Ivory
- Prima Script stamp
- Prima Sherwood Roses: Truffle
- Prima Audrey flowers: Yellow
- Prima Abbey flowers: White
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain & Vintage Photo
- Prima alphas
- Viva Decor Pearl Pen: Sunny Yellow
Thank you for stopping by!