Every time I look at this photo of my eldest, Elliot, it makes me smile, and takes me back to 5 years ago, to my sister's wedding on the Mayan Riviera. While Auntie Em and Mummy were posing for wedding photos, Daddy let Elliot play on the Jet Skis beached on the sand.
I started with the Sea Foam paper and some torn layers from the 6x6 paper pack, layered with Prima Resist Canvas borders and lace, then built up the background with media. I started by coating the background with a thin layer of gesso, then added molding paste through the Prima Scales mask. After using a couple colors of Shimmerz mist and letting them dry I offset the mask and went back over selected areas with Shimmerz Texturez in Patina to create the appearance of cresting waves.
I then applied Gloss Gel through the Prima Bubbles mask, and outlined them in watercolor pencils before adding in some highlights with a white Sharpie Paint Pen.
For a crisp stamped area, I stamped the image onto white tissue paper and applied it to my layout with gel medium. This gives you a nice crisp stamped image, even over layers of media, and you cannot see the lines of the tissue paper.
A little Prima sticker for a title, placed amongst some gorgeous new release Prima flowers.
- 7 Dots Studio 9th Wave: Sea Foam (12x12) and 6x6 paper pack
- Light Molding Paste
- Shimmerz: mists: Jeni B Bleu, Mama Sings the Blues, Goldie Lox, Lime In Da Coconut, No Yoking; Texturez: Patina
- Gloss Gel
- Royal Langnickel Watercolor Pencils
- Prima Stitches Circle stamps
- Prima Chalk Edgers: Dark Rust, Branch Bark, Turquoise Stone
- Tissue paper - white
- Prima Vintage Trinkets - Numbers large
- Prima Junkyard Findings - Water Taps
- Prima Masks: Bubbles 12x12 & Scales 12x12
- Cheesecloth, white thread
Thanks for stopping by!