Monday, January 14, 2013

It's my turn to host the mid-month Stamping Challenge in the Flying Unicorn Forums this month.

Do you find you fall into the same pattern when using your stamps?  You have a favorite background stamp you use in a certain way, or you use a single stamped image on your projects?

My challenge to you this month is to make a card using the same focal image at least 3 times.

Recently I came across an amazing tutorial at Ruby Montes' blog about creating the illusion of movement in stamps by repeating the stamped image and coloring it in gradually lighter colors and I couldn't wait to give it a try.  Here is my example, using papers from the January Kit of the Month Carpe Diem.


The stamp is a digital image from Simply Betty Stamps which I've edited in Microsoft Word to allow me to stack the image on top of itself and to increase the transparency with each layer.  I colored it with my Copic markers.

Here is a closeup of the image.


For this challenge you do not need to create the illusion of movement, you only need to use the same stamped image at least 3 times on your card.

Rules:

1) Cards only.
2) Must use the same stamped image at least 3 times and it must be a focal image (ie. not a background stamp).  Stamps can be digital or "real".
3) Projects must be new as of January 15th, 2013 and cannot be entered in any other challenges at Flying Unicorn.
4) Challenge closes at 8pm EST on February 14th, 2013.
5) Up to 3 entries per person; winner of this gorgeous RAK chosen by Random.org.  As always, international entries are welcome!  The winner has 7 days to e-mail Alda their mailing information to claim their prize.


I hope you'll give it a shot!





No comments: