Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A 6 Year Old's Self Portrait

My 6 year old, Elliot, took this picture of himself on my cell phone over the summer, and I've been waiting to use it on a layout.  The fun papers and Pink Paislee Ephermera words from the January Carpe Diem kit at Flying Unicorn were just what I needed to pull out this charming photo and get scrapping.

Once I'd put together all my layers of paper I dabbed on the Ranger Lake Mist Ink Dabber included in the kit very liberally - and panicked.  The whole thing turned out much darker and visually heavier than I was expecting.  However paired with some drywall tape, modeling paste, paper layers and some industrial type accents I think it works.  Don't expect to see more of the same from me any time soon, but it's a good creative exercise to go through periodically.


Isn't he a sweetheart?  He's turning into a wonderful person, and I'm so very proud of him. 

Some closeups:


An Ingvild Bolme Industrial Lamp, molding paste and the Mini Tile Texture mask, one of my favorites, misted with Perfect Pearls mist in Blue Smoke all from the Flying Unicorn Store.


I love to cut apart these Petaloo Canterbury Vine Sprays to use in clusters or on their own, and partnered them with a Tim Holtz Idea-ology bird from my stash.


Drywall mesh tucked into my layers.  That brilliant blue is the Steel Blue Inka-Gold included in the Embellishment Add-On.

Carpe Diem and its Add-Ons are nearly sold out (at last count there were 3 kits left).  Get yours today to avoid disappointment!

No comments: