Monday, April 8, 2013

Splish Splash *** Flying Unicorn April KOM ***

I'm here today with another layout featuring papers and embellishments from the April Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month Whispers of Spring.  Denise's challenge on the Flying Unicorn Forums this month is Paper Tearing, and I used this as a jumping off point for this layout - I tore chunks out of the outside of the page, then blended the script paper I layered underneath with molding paste and Lindy's Stamp Gang Yellow Rose of Texas from the kit.

Here is my little one, Colby - if you crouch down to take a photo of him he thinks he's supposed to crouch down, too LOL.


The new Prima Grunge Chevron mask complements the pattern of the Bo Bunny C'est La Vie papers so well.

Flying Unicorn's Educator extraordinaire, Limor Webber, recently posted a project where she had transformed a Prima Typo Bulb into a hot air balloon and I couldn't resist giving it a go.  I painted the bulb with a couple of layers of gesso, then added details with a Viva Pearl Pen in Sunny Yellow.


Some closeups:



Supplies used:

Whispers of Spring Main Kit
Whispers of Spring Flower Add On
Whispers of Spring Patterned Paper Add On
Whispers of Spring Embellishment Add On
Gelatos
Gesso
Prima Grunge Chevron mask
Prima Typo Bulbs 2
Doodlebug Twine
Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Sunny Yellow
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Sapphire
Prima Wood Icons - Birds and Owls (out of stock)
Gauze
Wired Beads - Shabby Teal
Web Weave - Ivory

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Love this LO!! The blues and yellows remind me of spring!!