Thursday, September 6, 2012

Flying Unicorn Sponsors The Color Room

The Flying Unicorn is a sponsor at The Color Room this month, and our CT has been invited to play along with their lovely palettes.  I'll admit this palette gave me pause when I first laid eyes on it, especially the black and white chevron.  I knew which photos I wanted to use for a multi-photo layout, and that I wanted to use the chevrons as mountain bike tire treads, but how to get them to blend was another matter entirely.  What I settled on was printing out black and white chevrons on my home printer which I then coated with multi-medium and transferred onto my TH Kraft Resist; this is the first time I've done image transfer and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  Enough of the white showed through, yet it wasn't so bright that it didn't fit with the grungy, down-and-dirty feel I wanted for my layout.

What do you think?


I stuck pretty close to the sketch for this one, getting my pops of color from splattered and dribbled Glimmer Mists and Basic Grey papers and alphas from my stash.  I even had the perfect rub-ons for the doodles on the sketch!  They are some old Basic Grey rub-ons from a layout kit.

Don't you just love happy accidents?  I wanted to try to distress my photos, so I went over the edges with the wire brush on my Prima Distressing Tool.  How surprised was I to discover that when the top layer of ink was rubbed off, the red of the layer underneath conformed to the palette!





Here is the palette:


I hope you'll be able to play along!

No comments: