Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flying Unicorn Lay It On Me! Challenge

Cute, fun papers are not normally my thing.  But when I saw the Barefoot and Bliss collection by Bo Bunny I couldn't resist - it reminded me of trips to the beach with my kids, and I had to have it.  And it has languished in my stash until now.

This month one of the challenges at Flying Unicorn is to create a background using layered shapes, buttons, and something from your stash that is at least 6 months old.  Well, as soon as I saw this challenge and Laura's adorable inspiration layout I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use.  A cute, funny candid from a recent family trip to Mexico, and the Barefoot and Bliss papers complemented the picture perfectly.


I wanted the circle layers to create a scene, so I layered circles of different sizes and colors to create this ocean scene.  I used Fran-tage Taupe Colored Fragments for the sand - it actually looks like bits of crushed shell IRL.  I fussy cut the turtles from the patterned paper, and punched around the edge of my cardstock for a postage stamp look to further the travel feel of the layout.

From now on I'm referring to this collection as Barebum and Bliss.

Thanks for looking!

Jackie

1 comment:

Linda Pekrul said...

Your creativity is AMAZING. I just LOVE this! Your summer layouts have been blowing me away. Wonderful, wonderful work!!