Thursday, October 6, 2016

Harvest Time

I'm back today with a second layout using the My Creative Scrapbook October Limited Edition kit. The purple-y tones of the papers in this kit were perfect for one of the pictures I took on our trip to Napa and Sonoma this summer of some juicy wine grapes hanging on the vine.


I started by adding some media to the background paper - stencilling through an old Prima stencil in my stash with super heavy gesso and adding splatters of mist mixed with some gel medium to give it a bit of body so it would sit atop the page rather than sinking into it.


The kit contains a gorgeous Prima pearl flourish. I began by cutting it apart (reserving half of it for another project), then painted the pearls green using acrylic paint to better match my layout.


The kit contains many elements perfect for layering. I cut apart one of the doilies from the kit, distressing it with some Distress Ink, and added it to my layers of paper, trim, fussy cut elements and flowers.


Thank you for stopping by today. Be sure to check out the My Creative Scrapbook blog for more inspiration from the Design Team, and the website to check out all four of this month's gorgeous kits.


No comments: