Friday, October 21, 2016

Birthday Card - Throwback to My Creative Scrapbook September LE kit

Today's post is a throwback to last month's My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit. I love the Prima Rossi Belle collection, with its amazingly fussy-cuttable pages and versatile chipboard bits, and I love how well the collection paired with Prima Rust paste for a weather-beaten look. I revisited the combination for a birthday card for my great-aunt, who is turning 65.


Some closeups: 

I started with some stenciling with super heavy gesso, then went back in with some blue paint, rust pastes and finally with some gold spray from the kit.


I love all the fussy-cuttable elements in this collection; here I outlined my fussy cut piece with a black india ink pen to give it definition and to help separate it from the images on the background paper.


 Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: