Friday, January 23, 2015

Go Outside and Play - Lindy's Stamp Gang January Color Challenge

Have you seen the gorgeous purples in this month's Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge? It just so happens that, as my 3 year old keeps reminding me, purple is my favourite colour (or one of them; I'm also partial to red!). So I pulled out my mists and embossing powders, combed through my wintery pictures (inspired by the gorgeous picture included in the color challenge) and set to work.



I started by using clear gesso on the background paper so that I could control where my mists ended up and blot up any mist I didn't want. Then I stencilled in some snowflakes using modelling paste, and set to work adding my colours. I outlined the snowflakes in black to help them stand out.



To bring in the coral colour from the palette, I primed the Blue Fern Studios' Lattice Fence chipboard (which I cut into three pieces) with gesso and spritzed it with Lindy's Cape Cod Coral, then sprinkled on some embossing powder (Magic Moon Pearls and Midnight Violet) while it was still wet and heat set it.



Once I got everything put together I wanted to bring in a little extra yellow in addition to the original background misting, so I added some yellow thread and glass beads.


To finish everything off, I added some chipboard snowflakes from Blue Fern Studios, primed white and sprinkled with super fine glitter for incredible shine.




Here is this month's Color Challenge if you're interested in playing along, too.




Lindy's Stamp Gang Products Used:

- Embossing Powders: Magic Moon Pearls, Midnight Violet
Wicked Witch Purple

Other Products Used:

- Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Lattice Fence, Shabby Flakes
- 7 Dots Studio Cold Country collection: Secret Diary, As It Was Before,
Elements, Element Stickers
- 7 Dots Studio Love Is In The Air: Thunder Of The Sea
- Liquitex: Clear Gesso, Light Modeling Paste, White Gesso
- Crafter's Workshop 6x6 snowflake stencil
- Stabilo Aquarellable pencil: Black
- Georgia Heald/Scrapbook Diaries Zipper stamps
- Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Pen: Black
- 13 Arts Splash! Ink: White
- Prima 3D Gloss Gel
- Prima Glass Beads: Butter
- Superfine Glitter

5 comments:

JaMajka said...

Amazing composition! I love the details and beautiful colors ♥
Thank you for joining Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Challenge!

Athanasia said...

Very pretty layout, I love how you combined the wintery theme with our color pallet!Thank you for sharing at LSG!

Sharon said...

Thanks so much for joining the challenge! Remember to link the products you used to the Lindy's online store so your project is eligible to win!

LISA said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at Lindys for the Color Challenge!!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Jackie ! Amazing, amazing page. Wonderful backgound, colours, special elements on the page, ah so perfect. Thank you so much for taking part in Lindy's Stamp Gang colour challenge. Thank you for sharing your art. Hugs, Marta xx