Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Flower Child *** Blue Fern Studios ***

Hello there! Today I'm sharing one of my September projects for Blue Fern Studios using the Blue Fern Garden collection.

Blue Fern Studios papers are so thick that they are gorgeous for tearing.


I began by tearing a diagonal strip out of the In Bloom sheet, then tore additional pieces off and layered them between the Love Letters and In Bloom papers, along with some lace. I also distressed and inked the edges, tucking in some lace and pieces of Bohemian Flowers chippies painted white.


I tucked additional Bohemian Flowers into the flower cluster - the stark white helps them to stand out against the busy mixed media background.


I cut the word Dream and the layers for my photo from the Calling Cards paper.


I love using the Mini Ring Things chippies for dimension in my background. Here I've coated them in a light brown chalk ink and then stamped them with a darker ink.


A little close-up of all the layers of media, chipboard, paper and embellies.


Blue Fern Studios Products

Blue Fern Garden papers:
- Love Letters
- Timeless
- In Bloom
- Calling Cards
- Parlour

Blue Fern Studios Chipboard:
- Bohemian Flowers
- Mini Ring Things

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Remember, there's still lots of time to play along with Blue Fern Studios' Sketch Challenge, which runs through the end of the month!

No comments: