Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lantern Card *** Blue Fern Studios ***

Hello! I'm stopping in today to share the third project featured on the Blue Fern Studios Blog earlier this week.

I so enjoyed making the mixed media hot air balloon gift bag I showcased yesterday that I decided to make a card along the same lines, this time using one of the Eastern Lanterns, and one of my favourite colours, orange.


On the Grand Balloon chippy I achieved the texture by dabbing with my finger in the wet paint; with this one I held my heat gun close to the acrylic paint to cause it to bubble and create this gorgeous effect. I then added some modelling paste and gesso to enhance the aged effect. To create the illusion of a lit interior, I adhered white tissue paper to the back of the chipboard, and coloured it with a Copic marker.


I treated one of the Leafy Page Accents in a similar manner, though I used a copper mist instead of the orange acrylic as my base colour (I applied clear gesso to the piece first, so that the mist would sit on top instead of seeping into the porous chipboard).


Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

- Blue Fern Garden: Parlour
- Ombre Dreams: Susan's Dream, Shannon's Dream
- Blue Fern Chipboard: Eastern Lanterns and Leafy Page Accents

Thank you for stopping in today!




No comments: