It's the reveal day for the July Your Passion Your Art kit at Flying Unicorn, and this month's Off-The-Page project is a real favourite of mine - a wooden row boat complete with oars. I knew immediately that it would make a great decoration for my in-laws' oceanside cabin.
I created the texture on the sides by applying a thick layer of Super Heavy Gesso and then dragging an art comb through it. I used one of the Tattered Angels weathered wood paint systems to achieve the weathered wood look.
Some mist-coloured cheesecloth made a nice fishing net.
A couple beachy accents in the form of Prima resins.
And a little weathered pennant to top it all off.
Stop by the Flying Unicorn to pick up your kit before they're all gone!
Thank you for stopping by today!
- Gesso and Super Heavy Gesso
- Tattered Angels Paint Systems: Weathered Birch and White Washed Pine
- Shimmerz Spritz Truffle
- Catalyst Scraper C-23
- Stampendous Color Fragments: Taupe
- Maya Road Mini Pennant
- Prima Wire Thread Black
- Prima Color Bloom: Soft Teal
- Prima Seashore Flowers: 575052 & 574963
- Prima Resins: 891985
- Prima Chalk Edger: Turquoise Stone
- Prima Mini Sachet: Sunrise
- Prima Abbey flowers
- Glossy Accents