Sunday, May 11, 2014

Once Upon a Time Art Journal Pages - Captain Hook - Altered Julie Nutting Die/Stamp

Ahoy, fellow Bloggers! I'm stopping in today to share another page from my Once Upon a Time Art Journal, where I am using Julie Nutting stamps (or in this case Die/Stamp combos) to recreate the characters from the show Once Upon a Time. If you missed my first couple of pages featuring Snow White yesterday, they can be found here.

Today I'm sharing something a little different - a male character, Captain Hook, who I've made by altering one of Julie Nutting's Die/Stamps. What do you think?

Here's the original Gracie set he's based on:


I like the Die/Stamp sets for male characters because the silhouettes look a bit more substantial and therefore believably male. Because they are designed to be dressed, they also do not have the skirts that the doll stamps do, making for easy (albeit tight-fitting) pants. (And yes, because it seems to suit Captain Hook's character on the show, I did leave the frilly camisole and panties).

Here are some closeups:


I stamped the body on a sheet of scrap paper first and drew out his costume, then cut out the coat and traced it onto my patterned paper.



Prima's new Seashore collection was perfect for my background. The Ahoy! and wheel were cut from one of the ATCs and layered atop another ATC with foam tape.


I love the paperclips Prima has come out with this year - they add an easy dimensional touch.


A gorgeous new flower from the Seashore collection mounted atop some Cartographer Wooden Icons and a Mechanicals word.


And where would Captain Hook be without the Jolly Roger? 

Thank you for stopping in today!

Supplies

Captain Hook:

- Prima Julie Nutting Die-Cut With Cling Stamp #910341
- Prima Cartographer papers: Mots D'Amour, Boussole, Montgolfiere, Marveilleux
- Prima Something Blue paper: Wedding Planner
- Prima Stationer's Desk paper: Red Ink

Background:

- Prima Seashore paper: Sea Horse
- Prima Seashore 6x4 ATCs
- Prima Seashore 3X4 ATCs
- Prima Cartographer Wooden Icons
- Prima Seashore flowers #574949
- Prima Divine alphas
- Finnabair Mechanicals #961121
- Shimmerz Dimensionz Blue Lagoon

No comments: