Friday, January 31, 2014

Flying Unicorn KOM Reveal - Part 2

The Flying Unicorn February kit of the month is on sale now, and both the main kit and the Small Art, Big Passion kit are perfect if you are in the mood to whip up some Valentine's Day cards. I was worried I wouldn't have time to complete my Creative Team responsibilities this month as I was away for nearly 2 weeks at CHA, so I took my kit with me and worked on some cards in the evenings in my hotel room.

For my first card, I used a new Prima Bloom Girl stamp (coming soon to the Flying Unicorn Store) and paper pieced her using the Kaisercraft Key To My Heart papers from the main kit. To add shading to the image, I went in with Gelatos and a paintbrush, and finished the whole thing off with a white Sharpie Poster Pen.


Hard to believe that every part of the image aside from the coffee cup is cut from one piece of Kaisercraft paper (Adoration).


The coffee cup, wooden banner and flowers were all coloured with Gelatos.


My next card is made using supplies from the Small Art, Big Passion kit. I taped one of the oval die cut frame cards on three sides to make an envelope for a tag, and trimmed the sweet little image from the kit down to fit inside. I just love the little girl, she reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake I grew up with.


I added a piece of the Magnolia paper from the kit to the front, and added Gelatos, stamping and stencilling. 



The Kaisercraft Dusty Pink blooms from the main kit are the perfect size for an accent flower on a card.



 Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to pick up your kit; they sell out fast.

No comments: