Monday, February 25, 2013

"Helpers"

I was so excited to receive my most recent package from the Flying Unicorn Store.  My must-have paper line from CHA Winter was Kaisercraft Basecoat.  From the moment I saw the sneak, I needed these papers.  And I'm happy to say they do not disappoint.

Here is my first layout with these gorgeous papers.  I used only 1 piece, "Concrete", which is very unusual, but these are great stand-alone papers.


The rustic feel of the paper was great for these pictures of my two youngest, Brennan and Colby, helping to stack wood up at my in-laws' cabin.  They were so thrilled to help!


I wanted to build on the weathered, layered look of the paper, so I started by building up my background with some light molding paste.  I then added strips of canvas, yarn and various trims from the Flying Unicorn store.  I misted over the molding paste and trims with Tattered Angels in Gold, Sun Sisters and Marmalade and Lindy's Stamp Gang in Autumn Maple Crimson and Bucket O' Blood Red which will be available this week in the Flying Unicorn Store.


I love these Bel Canto flowers from Prima Marketing from a previous Flower Add On and they were perfect here.  Some white Prima Laraine flowers got a facelift thanks to the sprays and are nestled in along with some old organza Maya Road flowers, Prima buttons and Kaisercraft Pearls.  I'm clearing out my stash to make way for new CHA goodies!


And some lovely Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments from the Her Majesty and Keys collections (can you believe these gorgeous adornments are only $4.49 for 7 to 8 substantial metal embellishments?).


 My sunshine yellow alphas weren't quite the color I wanted, so I colored them with a couple of Copic markers and then toned them down with some Prima Chalk Ink in Branch Bark.


I'm already inky and painty from my next Basecoat layout, and can't wait to play some more!

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: