Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riddersholm Design Papers * Flying Unicorn CT *

Today it's my turn to show you some projects I made with Riddersholm Huntington Garden papers, available in the Flying Unicorn store.  I have never worked with Riddersholm papers before, and let me tell you, I'm in love. These papers distress like a dream.  I am currently obsessed with my Distress Inks, and these papers take ink like no other paper I've worked with.  They take the ink strongly, but in such a way that they are still easily worked with water so that you can achieve the level of color you're aiming for.

I've prepared 3 projects for you today, and have a couple pages left that I am hoarding for some future project.

For this layout I wanted to leave my papers ink-free for a softer feel; the picture was taken at my wedding. I used the July sketch from Once Upon A Sketch as a jumping off point, and stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I distressed all of the papers using my Ingvild Bolme distressing tool. The Ingvild Bolme pillars are available in the store, and along with the crocheted doily from my stash lent the sophisticated feel I was looking for.  The smaller flowers are Prima and Petaloo from the store; the larger blue flower and birdcage are from my stash.

FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm 1

Here is a closeup:

FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm closie 1

For my next layout I shifted gears and got inky!  The beautiful bright colors of these papers brought to mind a small town in France called Roussillon that my husband and I visited on our honeymoon.  The hills are unbelievably bright and made of ochre.  I broke out my Distress Inks for this one, using Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Salty Ocean (from the Summer 2012 set) available in the store. The tags are cut from one of the sheets of paper.  The little peach flowers that complement the papers so well are Petaloo from the store.
FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm 2
Some closies:
FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm closie 2 

FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm closie 3 

The hinges are Dusty Attic from my stash, covered in Lindy's embossing powder.

FUL 08-2012 RIddersholm closie 4
My last project for today is a simple card I made for Kelly's Card Creations Challenge, which runs through September 14th.  If you haven't played along yet, there's still plenty of time, and a lovely RAK up for grabs.  Check it out in the Flying Unicorn Forums.  The card is based on the current Cardabilities sketch. I used scraps of the Riddersholm papers, and fussy cut the flowers and birds from one of the tags.

FUL 08-2012 Riddersholm 3 

Remember, Riddersholm papers are 20% off in the Flying Unicorn Store until August 30th - no coupon required!

1 comment:

Shona said...

wtg girl you rocked the Riddersholm :) love everything you did :)