This is a picture of my second son, Brennan, at about 2 1/2 years old. It seemed like that entire summer Brennan was banged up - I lost count of the number of bumps, bruises, black eyes, cuts and scrapes the poor little guy received trying to keep up to his big brother and cousin. But through it all he maintained a fighting spirit, jumping up and dusting himself off, earning him the nickname "Tough Guy".
The challenge on the Shimmerz Paints blog this month is to add texture to your page, so I set out to create a layout as gritty as my little man.
I started by applying Texturez in Teal Me No Lies through a stencil, and to add more texture, I stamped into the wet paint with a Kaisercraft Number stamp and then stamped randomly on the page. The white stamped circles are made using Picket Fence Distress Paint applied directly to the stamp - it gives a more ghostlike effect than gesso.
The dark alphas got lost on the page, but outlining them in White Sharpie Poster Pen really makes them pop. I cut some hearts out of corrugated cardboard, inked them with some Prima Chalk Ink and wrapped them in jute twine.
Lots of FabScraps goodies here, including chipboard gears, tags and envelopes. And a little gessoed bubble wrap - thanks Shona for the brilliant idea!
Here is the beautiful Mojo Monday sketch for this week:
Play along with us this week to win a $10 gift certificate to the Flying Unicorn Store.
The rules :
01. You have one week to create your project using the sketch as inspiration ( it does not have to be a layout it can be a card, a tag etc )
02. You must post your creation in this thread in order to be eligible for the 10.00 GC
03. You may use your project for any other monthly forum challenges except for the Anything goes challenge
04. Your project must be posted no later than 8:00pm on Sunday, September 1st, 2013.
05. All other standard rules apply .