Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Auntie Em & Colby *** Flying Unicorn December Kit ***

I love the Ruby Rock It papers and Mother Nature Die Cut Pack. Even before I'd seen these cute little clothespins included in the kit I knew I wanted to use the die cuts on a clothesline.  Sometimes things are just serendipitous.  

This is a picture of my sister, Emily, and my youngest, Colby, at the miniature train park this summer.  I wanted to add a little pop of color to this layout so I used some of my new Luminarte Primary Elements to add some pink and blue, as well as some blue Doodlebug twine from my stash.  


Em doesn't have kids of her own and is auntie-extraordinaire to mine.  She even babysits the younger two one day a week so that I can work.  Best. Sister. Ever. (For that reason and many, many others).


The flowers are from the Main Kit and Flower Add-On and the crowns Pink Paislee Artisan Elements are from the Embellishment Add-On.



Two of the clothespins came accented with white, but the third one didn't - easy fix.  I added some dots with my white Sharpie and voila!


The large flower is a FabScraps Marie Antoinette build it yourself flower.  Easy to make and perfect if you like to ink the edges of your petals - I inked mine with Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink in Branch Bark from the Flying Unicorn store.


Another happy coincidence - one of the Ruby Rock It die cuts had the word MEMO printed on it, which I covered up to make Em.  

Hope you've had a chance to get your hands on one of these versatile kits.  If not, hurry over to the store and scoop yours up today!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: