Saturday, August 30, 2014

Prima August BAP

This month's Prima BAP sketch was created by none other than the extremely talented Jen Snyder, a personal friend of mine. For those of you who know Jen, she is an incredible artist, as well as being one of the most genuine, friendly, encouraging crafters out there, and I couldn't resist playing along with her sketch (I printed it out at the beginning of the month and it took me until now to fit it in, but I was determined to get it done).

Without further ado, here is my take on the sketch:


And the lovely sketch itself:



I used lots of yummy Prima goodies on this one. I flipped the sketch to be able to keep the lighthouse image on the Shell Postage paper visible (figuring it could also pass for an air-traffic control tower for my son's foam plane). After layering on some strips cut from the Seashore ATC cards I covered everything with a coat of clear gesso and went to work adding layers of Color Bloom mists, white gesso, resist canvas, stamping, and finally swirls of Wire Thread (love this stuff!).

Here are a couple closeups:






Thank you so much for stopping by. Many of the Prima goodies I used are available at the Flying Unicorn Store, and I've added hyperlinks to help you where applicable in case you want to pick something up.


Products Used:

- Prima Seashore Paper: Shell Postage
- Prima Seashore 6x4 ATC Pad
- Liquitex Gesso: Clear and White
- Prima Color Bloom sprays: Tea Stain, Antique Gold, Gold Foil, Lime Wedge
- Prima Chalk Edgers: Shabby Tote, Branch Bark, Rose Bud, Brick Wall
- Prima Stamps: Stitched Lines, Script
- Prima Resist Canvas Borders
- Prima Wire Thread: Teal
- Prima Resin Icons
- Prima Seashore Flowers: 574949, 574963
- Prima Mini Sachet Roses: 565954
- Prima Mechanicals: 961145
- Prima Bulbs

No comments: