Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sketchabilities Guest Designer - Sketch 120

The Flying Unicorn Creative Team are guest designers for Sketchabilities this month, and Karan prepared a wonderfully grungy sketch for us to play with.

I've always loved this photo of my eldest at about 3 captured playing in my in-laws' horseshoe pitch as though it were a sandbox. I mixed 3 different Prima paper collections - the background paper and large strip are Jodie Lee's Art Journaling papers from a previous Flying Unicorn kit, and the die cut pieces behind my photo are a mixture of Lifetime and Divine - a great way to use up those scraps you can't bear to throw in the recycling bin.


Rather than start with a script patterned paper, as in the sketch, I added some textural stamping to my background in the same spots with several different stamps, then added more stamping and doodling on top of my paper layers and finished everything off with some doodling around the edges and on the petals of my fussy cut flowers.


I added in some colour thanks to some Prima chalk edgers pounced lightly on the paper, and kept my embellishments to a minimum.


I love the flowers printed on the Blue Bayou sheet from the Lifetime collection, and fussy cut a couple here, adding brad centres from the Cartographer line for a bit of dimension.



Here is the amazing sketch from Sketchabilities.  Be sure to head over to their blog and share your interpretation of this grungy sketch!


Thank you for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:

- Prima Jodie Lee Art Journal papers
- Prima Lifetime papers: "Love Tags" & "Blue Bayou"
- Prima Divine papers: Canzone
- Kaisercraft stamps: Crackle, Rocks
- Prima Chalk Edgers: Dark Rust, Pastel Brown, Turquoise Stone, Old Road, Rose Bud
- Bo Bunny stamp: Stained Textures
- Memento ink pad: Tuxedo Black
- Prima Finnabair Resist Canvas Border
- Prima Wooden Icons: Birds
- Prima Cartographer Brads
- Stabilo Aquarellable: Black
- Prima Lifetime Canvas Alphabet Stickers

No comments: