Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Prima PPP

Hello Bloggers! I hope your week is going well. I'm currently sitting out on a deck by the sea enjoying the sunshine with my family, so no complaints here! I've managed to squeeze a little crafty time into our seaside vacation, and am popping in to share a card I created for the Prima Product Picks challenge this month.

I love the gorgeous red, white and blue palette this month, and paired it with one of my Bloom Girl stamps and various Prima bits and bobs from my stash to create the following card:


And here is the PPP moodboard:




I stamped the image on white Prima Textured Paper and coloured her in with Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils. I have never coloured a dark-skinned image before, and I admit I was a little nervous about getting the shading right, but I am so happy with the way she turned out!


The background papers and the fussy cut butterflies are from the Zephyr collection - I had one sheet hoarded in my stash and lo and behold it was perfect for this palette! I paired it with a Bosque vine from the Craftsman collection, which fit perfectly because of the red and blue blooms but also provided the perfect contrast. I tucked a Bloom Girl Paper Clip in with the vine (as I believe I read on Jamie Dougherty's blog that this Bloom Girl's name is Hope).


The finishing touch is a wooden dragonfly from the Stationer's Desk Wooden Icons in a Box. I primed it with gesso, then added my details with a black Aquarelle pencil before adding colour to the body and wings with a Viva Pearl Pen and Stickles. Isn't it lovely?

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you are having a wonderful summer (or winter, for friends in the southern hemisphere).

Products Used:

- Prima Textured Basics paper
- Prima Bloom Girl stamp (Hope)
- Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
- Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils (Neutral, Blue, Red and Green packs)
- Prima Zephyr collection: "Zephyr"
- Prima Bloom Girls Paper Clips
- Prima Free Spirit Say It In Crystals
- Prima Craftsman Bosque vine
- Prima Stationer's Desk Wooden Icons in a Box
- White Gesso
- Viva Pearl Pen - Blue
- Stickles - Christmas Red




No comments: