Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Flying Unicorn November KOM Projects

Hey there! Did you have a chance to participate in the Flying Unicorn blog hop this weekend? I hope so - there was incredible inspiration to be had. And congratulations to ScrappyCat, the winner of the $150 gift certificate to the Flying Unicorn Store. Remember, the raffle for the Silhouette Cameo is still going on, details can be found here.

Today I'd like to share with you another layout I made with the fantastic November kit of the month Heart's Twilight featuring a picture of my eldest, Elliot, last year at his 6th family birthday party. Looking back I can't believe how much he's changed in a year!


I tore a strip from the center of the Alice paper from Marion Smith Designs' Mad Tea Party collection and pasted the outside pieces on top of it, rolling back the edges and building up on the orange color of the backside of the paper using Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. To add dimension to the Evening in Venice background paper, I used a 6x6 Prima stencil and some light molding paste, then built up color using Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.

I tucked some gorgeous Prima flowers from the Flower Add On into the folded back area, along with the Ornate Corner chippy from Leaky Shed Studios.



For the opposite side I used the Leaky Shed - Flower Corner Small amongst my flowers.



I added texture to the corrugated cardboard I used to mount the picture of my eldest turning 6 using a Crafter's Workshop Mini Harlequin stencil, Shimmerz Texturez in Patina and Teal Me No Lies and Vibez in Jeni B Bleu.



I treated the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts - Numeric with Tim Holtz Distress Paints in Spiced Marmalade and Broken China. 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments: