Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scrap Cake Summer City *** Flying Unicorn KOM ***

As soon as I saw Scrap Cake's Summer City release I knew these were papers for me.  Beautiful bright colours that I could use for boy layouts, great depth to the pages - I was in love.  So imagine how thrilled I was to see them paired with my other must-have release from Summer CHA, Prima's Craftsman line, in Flying Unicorn's October kit "A Journey In Time".

Even better, it's Round Robin time again in the Flying Unicorn forums and I'm captain of Team Blue.  So out came my Scrap Cake papers.



Here are a couple closies:


I used glass beads gel sprinkled with various embossing powders and sprayed with Tattered Angels Plain Jane in Light Blue to create a beachy feel.


I flicked some gesso across the background and made some circles with ink and Distress Stickles to complete my background.


 The funky Petaloo flowers and Color Me Crazy flourishes are from the Flying Unicorn store.  I heat embossed the flourishes with Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel in Aqua - I love this stuff.  It combines aqua, black and gold for amazing depth.


Natasha Naranjo-Aguirre had some funky circles on one of her layouts this week, and I just had to try some for myself.

I can't wait to see what the rest of Team Blue comes up with in the coming weeks!

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends, and for everyone else, I hope you had a fantastic weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: