Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flying Unicorn Mid-Month Card Challenge

It's my turn to host the Mid-Month Card Creation Challenge at Flying Unicorn this month.  This month's challenge is to create a card using a Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration.  Easy peasy, right?

I know many of us routinely use layout sketches as inspiration for our layouts, and some of us use card sketches as inspiration for our cards.  But the ability to translate a layout sketch into a card can open so many new avenues of cardmaking.  Some sketches are easily adapted to a card, while others need to be simplified to account for the smaller canvas you are working with.

Here is a card I made using the October 1st Mojo Monday Sketch.



And here is the sketch I based it on:


The off-center strip on this sketch made me think of a trifold card and I went from there.  To avoid my card being too busy I scaled down the number of flowers in my cluster.

I used the gorgeous Tea For Two collection from Cosmo Cricket, available in the store, for my card, along with flowers by Prima and Petaloo and a gorgeous Prima Say It In Crystals flourish.

All of the Mojo Monday sketches can be found in one convenient thread here.

The rules:

1. Card must be based off a Flying Unicorn Mojo Monday sketch.  Any Mojo Monday sketch - take your pick.  Have fun!  Please let us know which sketch you used when you post your entry.
2. Cards only, please.
3. Card must be new as of October 15th, 2012. Contest closes November 14th, 2012 at 8pm EST.
4. Up to 3 entries per person.
5. Winner will be selected by random draw.
6. Winner has 7 days to PM Alda their mailing information or they forfeit their RAK.

And the best part?  You could win this beautiful RAK, featuring the Cosmo Cricket papers I used on my card, Manor House flowers and stamps from LaBlanche and Creative Imaginations.


I can't wait to see your beautiful creations!




No comments: