Monday, September 1, 2014

You & Me, Happy Forever *** Flying Unicorn September KOM ***

Happy Labour Day! I hope you are enjoying the long weekend, if you have one! Here on the Southwest Coast of Canada it marks the one last hurrah of summer, and we have been making the most of it.

One of the two paper collections included in the September Flying Unicorn Your Passion, Your Art kit is Something Blue from Prima. Though the name suggests a wedding theme, these papers are versatile enough to be used on many different projects, though in this case I chose to be literal and scrapped a wedding photo of my sister and her husband.


Do you remember when lacing was big? I think lacing adds a touch of elegance to a project, and I wanted to bring it back for this one, so I pulled out my Cropadile from the back of my drawer, unearthed my eyelets from a dusty corner and set to work.


The Prima vine included in this kit is amazing - it was a wrench to use it, but I did. I partnered it with some black Petaloo flowers for a bit of contrast.


I loved the little wooden frame, and built the motif for my background off of it, stamping squares, incorporating squares from the Something Blue chipboard sheet and adding this one in last.


These adorable little white chalk letters are attached to the little chalkboard and there is a clothespin on the back, perfect for attaching the piece to one of my flowers. I also tucked one of the Something Blue paper clips into the vine.

Thank you for stopping in today!

Supplies Used

From the Kit and Add Ons:

- Prima Something Blue Papers: Goin' To The Chapel and Love Melodies
- 13 Arts Modeling Paste
- Shimmerz Mists: Pop Art Pink, Jeni B Bleu
- Shimmerz Inklingz: Burnished Buckle
- Prima Songbird Vine: Pink
- Wooden Accents
 - Prima Something Blue stamps
- Prima Something Blue Chipboard Stickers

From my Stash:

- Prima stencil: 12x12 butterflies
- 13 Arts Mist: Pastel Black
- Prima stamps: Stitches Square and Stitches Lines
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Shimmerz mist: Bed of Roses

No comments: