Thursday, September 11, 2014

Ombre Dreams Box

Hi there! Today I'm sharing my third Blue Fern Studios project for September, which was on the Blue Fern Studios blog yesterday.

Are you a crafty hoarder? I am. I have problems throwing out alterable items that might be able to be repurposed as something else, even if I have no idea what that might be. Such was the case with this little blue plastic box. Originally it housed a science experiment from the kids. Since it was a one-time-use experiment, the little box was destined for the recycling box. But I loved the size and the way it closed so snugly, so I salvaged it and tucked it away in a corner of my scraproom. This month I've given it new life - to store my resin pieces - with some gorgeous Blue Fern Studios products.


The Joyce's Dream paper from the Ombre Dreams collection is full of beautiful, subtle details. I added a little modelling paste through a script stencil and tinted it slightly with grey chalk ink, then added some splatters of purple to the background before adding my chipboard and other elements.


For the top of the container I used some of the Shabby Brick Bits coated with paint, embossing powder and chalk ink for a textured appearance.


To round out the cluster of embellishments I tucked in one of the Layering Stems coloured with chalk ink and then touched with gesso for a weathered appearance. I love these pieces of chipboard for tucking in here and there!


I finished the front of the box with one of the Spring Trinkets, coloured with various chalk inks and weathered with gesso.


 Thanks for stopping by today!

Blue Fern Studios Products

Paper:

- Ombre Dreams: Joyce's Dream

Chipboard:

- Shabby Brick Bits
- Spring Trinkets
- Layering Stems

No comments: