Saturday, April 9, 2016

Altered flask

Awhile ago I saw a YouTube video for an altered flask. Though I took mine in a completely different direction, I was inspired by the video to go out and find a plain steel flask and make it my own.


I started by running several strips of foil tape through my embossing machine using a Tim Holtz embossing folder (my favourite). I then carefully adhered it to the flask, including to the screw cap, and pounced on several colours of Alcohol Ink. 


This gave it an incredible worn, aged look. 

For the centrepiece, I started with a Prima Relics and Artifacts piece from the Chivalry set, which I painted with Art Alchemy paints, silver foil, and Stickles. I set this on a large metal piece atop a scrap of distressed Prima paper, with Junkyard finding screws in the corners. 


For the backside I attached some Prima scraps as well as a fussy cut clock, aged with Chalk Edgers.


Various Prima trinkets hung from Louviere chains completed the project. 

I hope you enjoyed checking out this project as much as I enjoyed making it. Thank you so much for stopping by today.