Friday, March 20, 2015

Bloom Girls "Quentin" Card

As someone with a lot of men in my life, I am so happy to see Jamie Dougherty and Julie Nutting releasing boy stamps! When I unpacked Jamie's "Quentin" stamp I couldn't wait to break out the new Prima Skin and Hair watercolour pencils and start colouring! The watercolours are so very creamy - I love to use them with a water brush and draw colour straight from the tip. To create shading, I start by adding the colour in those areas I want to be shaded, and blend out from there; when I pick up more colour I again start at the shaded areas and blend out.

I used the watercolour pencils to create a photo-backdrop-style background, as well.


A couple metal corners and some Prima Timeless Memories and Craftsman papers complete this step card.

A little closeup of the details. I used Glossy Accents to create glass in the monocle.


Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments: