Saturday, February 14, 2015

Grungy Valentine's Day Card

Hands up, everyone who finds male cards daunting. Yep, that's my hand way, way up there! But it's Valentine's Day, and I didn't want to give Evan a girlie pretty card, so I pulled out some of the Distress products in my stash, and set to work.



I started with a piece of Blue Fern Studios' Chunky Heart Panel chipboard, and ran it through an embossing folder to add some manly riveted texture before adding several colours of Distress Ink, with a final brush of Walnut Stain over the embossed bits and edges.


I ran an oversized Prima tag through the partner embossing folder, the added various colours of Distress Paints, some stamping, splatters of Splash! Ink and distressed and inked the edges.

Thank you for stopping in today - I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones you love.


Supplies Used:

Blue Fern Studios Chunky Heart Panel chipboard
Prima Julie Nutting Tag Pad
Distress Ink: Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge & Peacock Feathers
Tim Holtz Texture Fades: Diamond Plate & Riveted Metal
Distress Paint:

No comments: