Saturday, December 27, 2014

"Feliz Navidad - I Want To Wish You A Merry Christmas" - Bloom Girl card

Hello, fellow Bloggers! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Now that ours is done, I can start sharing the cards and tags I made and gifted this year, without spoiling the surprise for the family members who received them.

Today's card is a step card featuring Bloom Girl "Summer", who has gotten a bit of sun! I missed our annual extended family Christmas gathering earlier this month because of a last minute trip to Mexico with my sister and stepmom, so this seemed like the perfect card to send along. I don't know if you've ever been to Mexico during Christmas season, but there isn't all the pomp and production of a Canadian/US Christmas.


I hand-drew the palm trees for the background with alcohol makers, then sketched in some rough outlines with a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen.


A closeup of the colouring on Summer. I love this stamp!


Here's glimpse into my beach-front scrappy space at the resort in Mexico, complete with a Bloom Girl to be used on an upcoming project. I stamped a bunch out before leaving home, and packed those, along with Copic Markers, Faber-Castell Aquarelles and my art journal for an easily portable crafty beach bag.



Thanks for stopping in today!

Supplies Used:

- Prima Bloom Girl stamp: Summer
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Copic Sketch makers
- Prima Lifetime Canvas Alphabet stickers

No comments: