Sunday, November 2, 2014

Julie Nutting Wooden Doll Minis Altered Jar - Flying Unicorn KOM

The November Kit of the Month and Add Ons contains a jar of Julie Nutting Mini Wooden Dolls from Prima. I loved the jar as soon as I saw it, and in my head I saw the Bo Bunny adhesive stencils as a perfect partnership with this jar and the project bloomed from that.


I started by stencilling with the Bo Bunny stencil and Prima 3D Gel Medium to achieve the pattern, and once that was dry, painted over it with white gesso.  Once dried I added the Lindy's sprays from the kit and add-ons, and later Silks paints to add depth of colour and a bit of shimmer. I love how it brings out the texture on the gesso, as well as the relief of the gel medium images.


For my jar topper, I die cut a doily using a Prima die and the Bo Bunny paper from the kit, which I adhered to the top of the lid with gel medium. I then added flowers and the door chain from the kit, cutting the Petaloo vine into smaller bits to fill in the cluster.


A closeup of some of the detail from the stencilling.


The flower cluster, including one of the Ingvild Bolme Door Chains.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Supplies Used:

From the Kit:

- Julie Nutting Mini Wooden Dolls Jar
- Bo Bunny Stickable Stencil: Bliss
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays: A Bit O' Bubbly, Autumn Maple Crimson, California Poppy Gold
- Viva Pearl Pen: Gold
- Bo Bunny Madeleine papers: Roses
- Prima Shabby Chic Treasures: Door Locks
- Prima Flowers: 577667, 577483
- Petaloo Flowering Vine Spray: Red

From my stash:

- Prima 3D Gloss Gel
- Liquitex Gesso: White
- Prima Snowflake die
- 13 Arts Gel Medium
- Silks: Vavoom Red & Emperor's Gold


No comments: