Friday, May 2, 2014

Blue Fern Studios May Sketch Challenge

Welcome to a new month! May is one of my favourite months - two of my favourite men, my husband Evan and my son Colby, celebrate birthdays in May. It's also the time when things start to heat up around here, with the cold rains and pretty cherry blossoms of spring giving way to warmer days (even summerish, when we're lucky), lush greenery and longer days.

And to kick off the month, Blue Fern Studios' new sketch challenge is up! This month Michele Singh has created another beautiful sketch featuring some of the newest Blue Fern Studios chipboard designs. Don't have the new designs in your stash yet? No worries - play along with whichever Blue Fern chippies you have. Those are the only two requirements for the challenge - use the sketch (you can rotate it) and make sure to use Blue Fern products on your project.


Here is the inspiration sketch:




And some closeups:


I wanted to continue the feel of the sand in the sandbox, so I applied Ceramic Stucco to my background and misted it with grey spray.


Some Chinese Red embossing powder on the Turkish Bits add a pop of colour to the page. I added a little Ceramic Stucco to help it coordinate.


I added a bit of light chalk ink to the Page Chain and then coated it with Ceramic Stucco.



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you'll play along with us this month!

Blue Fern Studios Products Used

Blue Fern Garden Papers:
- Parlour (x2)
- Picnic
- Calling Cards

Blue Fern Chipboard:
- Turkish Bits
- Page Chains

No comments: