Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mixed Media canvas

Hi there! Happy hump day. Just stopping in today with a quick share.

This canvas was inspired by a pair of canvases in the quiet study room of our club, the adults-only haven I retreat to when Brennan is in preschool and Colby is happily playing in childminding and for whatever reason I can't haul myself up to the gym. I love the blends of oranges, reds and textures, and wanted to play around with them at home.

This oval-shaped canvas was included in the Mixed Art add-on to the Flying Unicorn February kit of the month.


The canvas is already primed, so I started by misting it with various mists, then added mesh tape, cardboard, string and the little chipboard bits from some of my Blue Fern Studios chipboard.


I peeled apart a flimsy piece of corrugated cardboard, and painted it roughly with white gesso, then painted over it with gel medium. The gesso and gel blended together to make a really interesting texture and colour - kind of silvery. I painted the Blue Fern chippies with Shimmerz Dimensionz.


I coloured the strings with 13 Arts Water Ink to make them stand out, then added some stencilling with Distress Ink to finish everything off.

Supplies

Dylusions Lemon Zest and Pure Sunshine
Shimmerz Dimensionz Orange Up Pretty
Viva Pearl Pen Sunshine Yellow
Blue Fern Studios Blue Fern Bits
Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Crafters Workshop 6x6 stencil

No comments: