Saturday, August 31, 2013

Flying Unicorn 50 Shades of Summer - Part 2

Here is my first layout from the Flying Unicorn September kit - 50 Shades of Summer.  The picture is of my beautiful sister, Emily, myself, Elliot (as a baby) and Evan at my sister's wedding on the Mayan Riviera in 2008.


For the background I used Shimmerz Texturez through two different stencils, and outlined in watercolor pencil to bring the image forward a little.  I then stamped the background with circles using Picket Fence Distress Paint - I love the "ghostly" image it creates; more subtle than if I had used gesso.

The central strip on the layout is actually printed self-adhesive canvas from the Embellishment Add-On - I pulled threads off of all of the edges for a distressed look.


The Prima Merci flowers from the Flower Add-On are new favorites of mine.  I tucked in the pieces of thread I'd pulled off the fabric sheet in amongst my clusters to bulk them up a little.

A couple more closeups:



Additional Products:

- Shimmerz Texturez Sandy Stone & Patina
- Distress Paint Picket Fence
- Claudine Helmuth Foam Stamps
- Royal Langnickel Watercolor Pencils
- Prima Masks: 6x6 Poppies and Peonies & 12X12 Checkerboard
- Dusty Attic chipboard border
- Gesso
- Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel - Aged Green 
- Viva Pearl Pen - Salmon
- Prima Chalk Edger

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  Aside from losing two of the dogs for several hours today up in the wilderness we are having a great time at the cabin.

1 comment:

Jackie Plank said...

Fabulous, I have tried to get my embossing enamels to come out like yours but can never do it.