Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Play In The Sunshine *** Flying Unicorn KOM Reveal *** Part 1

Another new month, and another great kit of the month from Flying Unicorn.  Have you picked yours up yet?  They always sell out fast, and are available on a first-come-first-served basis - at Flying Unicorn we believe that papercrafting should be a passion, not an obligation.

For my first project this month, I created a mixed media layout to complement a picture of my middle son, Brennan, with his face smeared with glitter paint.


As soon as I saw this piece of Fancy Pants paper in the kit I knew I wanted to use it.  I misted, and stencilled and colored with mists, then started laying down my layers.  I even tore up one of the Fancy Pants stencils included in the Main Kit as it added great texture to the layers.


Some layers of the blue and yellow corrugated papers, and the awesome viewfinder ephermera piece from the Embellishment Add-On.


I loved the viewfinder so much I cut it in half - here you can see the other piece sticking out from one of the awesome Fancy Pants envelopes.


These Scrap FX steampunk chippies flew off the shelves of the Flying Unicorn Store.  I treated mine with Shimmerz Dazzelerz in Lemon Drop, then touched them with the Colorbox chalk ink in the kit.


Here's what the layout looked like before I started adding extra media.


And after adding tons of color:


Do you photograph your layouts before you reach the point of no return with media?

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Erica said...

I just love this photo!! Way too cute!! :) And, what a beautiful layout. Love how you worked so many colors together so seamlessly.