Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reverse Canvas Handbag Off-The-Page Project

Every month Flying Unicorn hosts a Mid-Month University (MMU) Challenge which challenges participants to make a different Off-The-Page project each month.  I love Off-The-Page projects, and lucky me, it's my turn to host this month!

My challenge is to make a reverse canvas.  Easy peasy.  If you haven't seen a reverse canvas before it is exactly as it sounds - you turn a canvas around and decorate the backside, making a shadow box for your project.  You can go shabby, mixed media, clean and simple, big canvas or small - however you'd like as long as you decorate the backside of a canvas.

Here's a double reverse canvas I prepared for inspiration.


Here's the back - I used batting between the canvas and the satin to provide padding for the quilting pattern, and pushed the brads through the canvas and fastened them to create the dimples.


And it folds closed into a handbag.


Some closeups:



See the adorable little Flying Unicorn Adornments tucked in there?






Here is an older reverse canvas I did with the Flying Unicorn November 2012 kit. Lots you can do with the backside of a canvas!


Join us in the Flying Unicorn Forums, I can't wait to see what you create!

Here is the beautiful RAK up for grabs:


Rules:

1) Must be new as of April 15, 2013.  Challenge closes May 14, 2013 at 8pm EST.
2) Up to 3 entries per person.
3) Winner will be selected by Random.org and will have 7 days to contact Alda with their mailing information to claim their lovely prize.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: